Thursday, August 14, 2008

A back room

Since we still had tickets to the finals session, we went ahead to the meet this morning. Last night there was some debate about our going or trying to sell our tickets, but I am so glad that we went. We were on the 2nd row, and I can not tell you how exciting it was to see that closely the U.S. women's 200x4 relay team win bronze and Jason Lezak win bronze in the 100 freestyle. After the meet, we met up with Eric, his girlfriend, and my in laws for lunch, and it was really nice to sit down and really get to enjoy everyone's company.

After lunch, Mrs. Shanteau and I went to the Silk Market, and lemme tell ya...it was a hoot. We got all kinds of stuff for so CHEAP...I think I am really getting the hang of this bargaining thing. After I got over the anxiety of it, it was a bit of a rush. The last store that we went into was a handbag/luggage store. We walked in and asked for a Hermes bag and were promptly shuffled into a hidden door in the wall. It was flooded with people looking and Chanel, Hermes, LV, Coach and so much more. After deciding that we didn't really want anything, I started out what I thought was another door and was yelled at and shuffled back to the door I entered through. There I saw a TV surveillance system and we had to wait for the coast to clear and then we were told, "Quick, quickly". I immediately cracked up laughing and got an ugly look from the sales girl. It was quite an afternoon to say the least.

Hope everyone's having a great week...I'm off to the NBC studios here in Beijing to see Eric and his dad give an interview for the TODAY show. If you get the chance it'll be on between 8:30 and 9 we think.

No comments: