Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pictures, Finally...

Opening Ceremonies...the beginning of the night.


During...




After...




Swim Meet Last Night...










Forbidden City/Tinamen (?) Square/Temple of Heaven





Our Visit to the Village...

I signed in support of world peace during the Olympic Games...
Ryan and I with our Olympian!!!

The zoo...
This next picture is not fit for kids to see. :)

This is a prime example of how the men here cool themselves off...
Lama Temple...




It's been a super busy few days. On Monday, we went to Tinamen Square, Forboidden City and the Temple of Heaven...It made for quite a long day, but it was all so beautiful. I am so glad I got to see it all. Yesterday, we spent the majority of the day at the Pearl Market. Within the first 5 minutes, I knew that I was in for a new experience. If you can imagine the most pushy car salesman, and multiply it by a million...that's what the people selling scarves and purses are like. Ryan had to physically remove one woman's had from his mom's arm. I was so freaked out...but once we got to the jewelery floor, it was great. I just kept saying, "No, thank you. Just looking" and they left me alone. We really got a lot of cool stuff. After the Pearl Market, we got ready and went over to the Cube for the prelims for Eric. He swam a personal best and looked good going into semis. He swam again this morning and if you watched, then you know that he was 10th, and needed to be 8th. He did, however swim a best time...it was just a really fast race. We couldn't be more proud of him. He swam a best time and honestly, I don't think that you can ask much more.

We're hanging out at the Bank of America Center, and I think we're going to have some dinner and call it a night. Tomorrow, I think we are going to the Silk Market and Summer Palace. Friday, we have scheduled a trip to the Great Wall at Badaling. After that, who knows, I am sure that we'll think of something!
Have a great day!

























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the updates! Team 8-3 at Union Grove Middle School has been cheering Eric on. We are proud of him!
MB